Saturday, September 11, 2010

It's as easy as 1, 2, 3?


Hello stampers!

What a fun challenge we have this week! It's hard to keep so constrained to such a short recipe and I found myself putting things back... I felt a bit like a kid going through witdrawal! Anyway, I managed to create a card that followed the rules...boy that was hard!

For this card, I used two new purchases from the convention in VA Beach. You know, attending a convention and getting a close-up view of the stamp sets really makes you appreciate the designs a lot more. Some sets that were at the bottom of my list moved to the top just because of a real-life look! This set Home Sweet Home is one in particular.

I bought the set to make cards for a friend who just moved but also because of the little GRASS strip. Yep, that grass strip will come in handy and my wheels were spinning as I saw the set hanging in the booth! I just love the versatility.
Since the images in this set reminded me of doodles, I decided to color my card with solid coloring and no shading of my Copics. If you look close enough, you can even see that I added a little paper piecing of the grass...
Now look at that stamp set again...No sun right? CORRECT! I pulled out another set called Tiny Frames which is one of the least expensive sets in the collection! It's a fabulous and versatile set! I used the little circle with spikes to represent a sun. It works! I also added the dooding around the border to mimic the same pattern in the sun.
Hope you have a BLAST trying this challenge out! Please consider posting your creation following the challenge guidelines: 1 Ribbon, 2 Circles, 3 Flowers (You don't have to use a WoodwareUSA set but if you do, you will get an additional chance in the drawing for a special WOODWAREUSA prize from ME!

Make sure to post your link in the inlinks for this week. You have until September 17 to post your entry. I'll have Mr. Linky draw a winner on September 18 and send out the prize PRONTO!

PS...If you're wondering, The pattern paper for this creation is from Scenic Route. The button is from Basic Grey and the Copic colors are: R24, R22, Y19, Y06, YG23, B00, BV11, E33.

Happy Stamping!

Kerry

It's Nancy here!! Aren't you excited about Kerry's challenge...make sure to play along!! I loved this recipe challenge because everyone comes up with such different things. Mine is completely different!! I had a rather strange process to this card! I started with the image and I colored the birds blue. From there, I cut it into a circle. Next, I took out this glittery paper that I bought last week at Paper Source. Using my Creative Memories cutting system, I nested the two circles. Then, I went on a search for the right patterned paper. Well, I hit my Basic Grey scrap stash, and I found the Euphoria. Now, I could color the present. I paired it with the Tempting Turquoise and Rose Red from Stampin' Up. I had to add in the three flowers and one ribbon. HMMM...what do I do now? Well, now you see what I did! It reminds me a bit of an ornament, but I kept it...it grows on me!!

Check back tomorrow from more inspiration from the design team.

5 comments:

jem (jane elizabeth middleton) said...

2 really fabulous cards, thanks for the inspiration. janex

Harriet Skelly said...

I love both cards - and I love both of your write-ups! I have the Home Sweet Home set and love it!!

Rachel Hope said...

Wonderful cards! Love the birds!

StampingbugKerry said...

Nancy, love the coloring and shading on the bluebirds and it reminds me of an ornament too...Love it!

Kerry

Anne Harada said...

Oh my gosh, both of these are wonderful girls!! I'm thinking I need to ge my hands on Home Sweet Home now...holy smokes, I love all these sets!! You girls show case hem beauifully!!