Saturday, September 4, 2010

Anything Goes...

Kerry here for another post this Saturday. Somehow I couldn't post with Nancy's post today so I had to do another one! WIERD! Anyway, I decided to use some of my new purchases from the CK Convention in VA Beach last Saturday. I picked up lots of new stamp sets, WoodwareUSA Ink, tons of patterned paper, and some fun stensils from the Tessler booth. Did you know that TesslerStamps.com is now carrying the WoodwareUSA clear stamps at conventions? If not, check them out the next time you visit their store or their booth.
For this card, I used the stamp set PATCH ALPHABET and an EMBOSSING QUEEN brass stencil from Tessler Stamps. I put the stencil through my Cuttlebug to quickly create the embossed "Quilt" on white cardstock, then used some chalks to add a bit of color. The letters were colored using Gamsol and colored pencils. Notice the little stamped flowers from the Patch Alphabet set on the little quilt squares? I stamped those with the new ink from WoodwareUSA called BLUE CHUNKS! FUN. The ink is a basic grade pigment ink but it reminds me of how my Versacolor inks stamp. To finish the card off, I handwrote the welcome with my black Copic fineliner marker.

Hope you have a fabulous week and stop by tomorrow for another example of Anything Goes!
Kerry

3 comments:

Anne Harada said...

Oh Kerry, I'm so jealous of all your new Woodware goodies!! Your Baby card is adorable, love the Patch Alpha, gonna have to add that one to my wish list too!!

Rachel Hope said...

Adorable! Love the little flowers on the squares!

Bonita Rose said...

this is the perfect baby card.. wow... love it!