Saturday, August 14, 2010

Stamping Saturdays...

Weekly Challenge: Color Challenge #1: Kraft(Beige), Teal, Red

It's Saturday, and that means Kerry and Nancy will be sharing a few creations to inspire your spirit...We hope our first weekly challenge has inspired you to return again and again for stamped fun.

Kerry created this MANLY set using the sets
FRCL122 DIY and FRCL080 MIXED GREETINGS. For a detailed description of her cardmaking process for this card, please visit her blog HERE

From elegant, to manly, and everywhere in between, the color challenge this week (Kraft/tan, Teal, and Red) has given us many opportunities to showcase awesome clear stamp sets from the WoodwareUSA collection and we hope that you have found a set (or two or more...) that have become NEEDS on your stamping inventory.

Nancy has used the set MARY AND FRIENDS FRCL131 to highlight this week's color challenge. She has used designer paper from My Mind's Eye called Love Me Do. She colored the image with copics and used Nestabilities to highlight the image. The Bow Easy helped to finish off the look!! For more details, please visit Nancy's blog HERE.

Please stop by tomorrow as Anne shares her final project for this week's challenge.

12 comments:

StampingbugKerry said...

Oh Nancy, I love your card. The cloud paper works so well and the ribbon is deelish! Love that little girl with her teddy....Did I tell you I collect Boyds Bears???

Kerry

Rachel Hope said...

Great cards!!! The cloud paper is so fun! Love the Manly card!

Dawn said...

Love them both!!! The manly card is wonderful and something that is hard for me... but Honey, you nailed it!!! (LOL) and Nancy..your bow is oerfection and I love the happy clouds!

Anonymous said...

Kerry
I love the Mr. Fix It Card! The embellishements with the ribbon and paper punch(BIA) makes a terrific card that any man would enjoy! Very Creative!
Keep them coming!
Paula

Anonymous said...

Nancy that is a terrific card too! I love the Mary and Friends! I can't wait to buy this set as they are so adorable!!
Great clouds and bow tying too-you layout is perfect!!
Paula

KarenM said...

I love the cards! I especially like the way you made cards suitable for men which can be a challenge. Love the layering on Kerry's card. Great inspiration!

Tami said...

Love the versatility of this color combo. The coloring and layering of the masculine card is gorgeous, Kerry. That's one of my favorite new Fiskars punches, too. The bow on your card, Nancy, is fabulous.

martina's kaartjes said...

Really great cards ! Saw you on 1 peas. Love your work. Became a follower now. Hope to visit you soon.
Feel free to visit my fresh blog
http://martinaskaartjes.blogspot.com/
and leave a message or become my follower too ...
Greetings, Martina
x

Dee in N.H. said...

Great cards! The little girl is so cute! I just love this manly card, it would be perfect for my man! Wouldn't that be perfect to send to a friend who is not too handy around the house. What an unforgettable occasion that would make. Congrats to both of you!

itsallrosi said...

these are awesome!

Daria said...

Both these cards are guaranteed to bring on the smiles. Great job, ladies.

Harriet Skelly said...

I love both cards!! Kerri the manly card is awesome - I have such trouble making ones but with this set it almost looks easy! And Nancy - I love the clouds paper for the background! You and I had the same idea for coloring Mary and her friends!!
Great cards!!