Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Anything Goes?OK... How About Glitter Stained Glass Alligators

I LOVE to do anything goes... I LOVE thinking outside the box and here is what I did. I stamped the alligator from JUNGLE PALS onto acetate with stazon ink in jet black. Then, on the same side that I stamped on, I filled in various areas of the gators with crystal effects and dumped glitter on it and repeated the process with different colors and glitters and here is what I came up with. I used pop dots to life the acetate alligator panel off the paper so the light would show through and I covered the dots with the leaves that I cut out. I added the leaves under the panel too and got out the stickles and jazzed them all up! This was really a fun technique and it was funny too because Milo, my 15 year old Jack Russell STILL has glitter on him... and so does my hubby...(but that can be our little secret!)
Thanks for popping in! 

7 comments:

Rachel Hope said...

Oooooo, sparkly!!! :) Fun!

Piali said...

Awesome!!! Love the stained glass glittery look !

Harriet Skelly said...

Oh I love this stained glass - wow! What a fun card!!

martina's kaartjes said...

great glittery card !
have a crafty day,
greetings, martina
x

StampingbugKerry said...

Ooohhhhh!!!! Love the sparkle and the tryptich design. LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

Kerry

Nancy said...

Dawn, this is absolutely adorable...don't you just love those leaves!! Awesome and glittery!

Anne Harada said...

Brilliant!! I love the sparkle and it makes these alligators so much fun!! Wonderful design!!