Saturday, August 28, 2010

School Treats...

This week, the Woodware Design team has been presenting a variety of "treats" you can make to place in the lunchbox of your school aged child, pass on to favorite teachers and also to new school friends. Today, Kerry and Nancy share their creations.

Kerry writes:

About a week ago, I was in a local fabric store and I discovered a whole shopping cart of empty little boxes. Their thread shipment had arrived and they were unpacking and shelving all the tiny bobbins of thread. I spied these boxes and thought they would make perfect little treat boxes! So I headed over to the front desk and said "This may sound strange, but if you are going to throw those thread boxes out, can I have them?" They giggled and said I could have as many as I wanted! WOO HOO...SCORE!

I brought them home (I think I got about 30 of these little boxes) and started making some little boxes up for my students. Some of you may know that I'm a teacher, and I always love to have a little treat for my students on the first day of school. The box is filled with an eraser, a pencil sharpener, and a peppermint. Why a peppermint? Peppermints have been found to boost test scores!

Stamp sets used: School Tots (apple), Mixed Greetings (happy and part of the word birthday) Paper: The Paper Loft (Well Worn Collection)


Nancy's project uses the set School Tots, and this is called a criss cross box. You can find the tutorial HERE. It is a fun little box to make to house any kind of treats! The paper is from Stampin' Up (Riding Hood Red designer paper and cardstock, and Night of Navy cardstock. I used circle punches for the School Days and apple stamps, and I cut the image of the little girl out after coloring her with Copic markers. For more information, please visit Nancy's blog.

Check back tomorrow for more Woodware USA inspirations!!

7 comments:

martina's kaartjes said...

Great crafting !! Love it.
Greetings, Martina
x

Rachel Hope said...

Great treats!!! I know the recipients will Love them!

Anne Harada said...

Whoa!! Gorgeous my dear!! Love the apples you colored and the sweet tot!!

Piali said...

Lovely projects!!Love the shabby style apple and the school tot is too cute!

Harriet Skelly said...

Great projects - wow!!

StampingbugKerry said...

Nancy, Love your little tri-fold type package. I think it would make a great movie night package too! Kerry

Dawn said...

GIRLS!!! I love these!!! they are darling and inkow that would make my luch a whole lot happier! Brava!!!