Sunday, August 22, 2010

Challenge #2 - Favorite Technique - Heat Embossing

Hi All,

It's me, Anne, today!  I have the final sample for you this week featuring our DT's Favorite Techniques!

This was a tough call because there's ALWAYS a new technique and each time I try one it's my "new" Favorite Technique!  But I have to say, I fell in love with card making when I learned how to heat emboss, so that is the technique I chose as my favorite!   Heat embossing is the basis for so many different techniques.  My card today is made using heat embossing to do the "Stained Glass" technique.




I used a leafy image from Woodware's fabulous "Flora" stamp set!!  The images in this set are totally unique, I have loved playing with them!







 I used black pigment ink to stamp the image and embossed with CLEAR embossing powder onto my velum cardstock.  I colored the REVERSE side with dye ink pens.






The image is layered with the embossed side facing out.





Hope you've enjoyed the samples this week all created with Woodware stamps!!  Please check in again tomorrow for the start of a brand new challenge!!  A new card is posted EVERY DAY here on the Woodware blog!!

Hugs,
Anne

4 comments:

martina's kaartjes said...

Great job you did here ! Lovely card .
Have a nice sunday,
greetings, Martina
x

Harriet Skelly said...

Anne this is beautiful! I love how you showed each step of your work! I've never done the stained glass technique and will have to try it!

StampingbugKerry said...

Anne,
This technique is similar to my favorite technique. I hardly ever use vellum but I'm going to have to soon. I think using gold or silver ep would create a neat effect too.

'Kerry

Rachel Hope said...

Wow! So Pretty!!!!