Thursday, December 8, 2016

Chocolates for the Christmas Table

We are not big on fancy chocolates in our house but we do like an After Eight Mint, or two, so I have made this box for them to sit on the Christmas table.
25
I think that I saw this on the Craftwork Cards Blog but I am not sure.
23
I have cut my card 9 inches square.
16
I used my scoring blade in my trimmer and scored at 3 and 6 inches in both directions
17
Then  fold and crease all of the score lines.
18
Use a ruler to score a diagonal line BUT don't score the centre square as it is the bottom of the box. Score the four corners.
12
The stamp is Jane Gill's Little Christmas Bird Clear Magic stamp.
13
I would normally use a watermark pad to stamp, but because it is a solid stamp I got better definition by using a red ink pad and red embossing powder. I hope that you can see the difference.
15
The background paper is from one of the 6 x 6 pads I have edged the paper squares with gold embossing.
14
I have made all four sides the same.
19
I do love the face of the bird!
20
I had to be careful when sticking on the birds that they are the right way up.
I punched out a square of card and drew a diagonal lines across it this I placed on the corner and punched through it so that my punch holes are more or less in the same place.
21
can you see my deliberate mistake, yes I drew my line all the way across.
24
Perfect for our After Eight Mints, I wonder if they will last until Christmas, well I wonder if they will make it to the weekend!
23
Gingham ribbon is perfect for holding it all together, and then I can undo the ribbon and fold it flat to store for next year.

If you can't find Woodware stamps in the US why not ask your local store about them they can find them all on the Woodware web-site.
 or  Woodware Stamps are available from Notions Marketing in the US check with them for your nearest stockist.   

Thanks for visiting see you soon!

Thanks for visiting see you soon!

No comments: