Saturday, August 6, 2016

Colour Block with a touch of tartan

Easel cards always impress and are so simple!
1
I have sort of cheated and not used single colours but I thought that my 8 x 8 Contemporary Tartan Pad would be perfect for this.
8
The idea I got from a tutorial on Split Coast Stampers called star burst background if you follow the link you will find the tutorial. Cut strips of the card or paper that you want to use mine ranged between 1 and 2 inches. then cut them in half on the diagonal. The ends get trimmed and hidden so they do not have to be perfect. I have used black card to stick my tartan strips to, leave spaces between the strips, and then trim the card so that it doesn't have a black border. I then layered it on white and black card. I have used the 12 x 12 Textura Card.
4
I wanted something pearly so I have used a card cut from the Stampendous Fitted Frames and embossed it all over with Stampendous Ice Blue Pearl Embossing Powder and then stamped the words
5
and embossed with Wild Plum powder. The stamp is one from the Francoise Collection You Are Clear Magic stamp.
9
I love the way that the front has turned out.
I have used my Brilliant Bowmaker with my black twine.
7
I have made to multi bows that are the same size, don't think I could manage that with out this handy little tool.
3
The Happy Birthday is a Woodware Just Words stamp I have edges the layers with the same 2 embossing powders.
2
I have made it an easel card, I love this they look so effective with out very much work! and here is the inside.

If you can't find Woodware stamps in the US why not ask your local store about them they can find them all on the Woodware web-site.

 or  Woodware Stamps are available from Notions Marketing in the US check with them for your nearest stockist.   

Thanks for visiting see you soon!

No comments: