Saturday, October 16, 2010

Whooo's into stitches???

Trick-or-treat? I guess today could be a trick if you are into Halloween. This week we're throwing in a little faux stitching on our creations and I decided to pull out my cute Owl Greetings set. I've used this set so many times with my students this month. It's such a great set for fall and the kiddos just LOVE to color it!
Can you see the faux stitching in the patterned paper (old Recollections paper)? I thought this paper was the PERFECT fit for this week's challenge! I thought I'd better not take a short cut either so I used a brown sparkly pen to create my faux stitches on the creamy rectangle. Tying a little ribbon along the top just finished the card off!

This card measures 3x6 and has no layering other than the framed owl area. I thought the patterned paper was perfect just the way it was so I didn't mount it on any other cardstock.

Have a little fun with faux stitching and if you do, don't forget to share...We'd love to see it. Remember that the two free Inky Links (USE CODE: inkylinksfree) deal will end on October 20, so hurry before the deal is G O N E!!! Honestly, it's a steal because you can use your 22% off discount on your order of 45$ or more PLUS get the two free pads!!!
Come back tomorrow as Anne shows one final creation for this week's FAUX STITCHING challenge!
Kerry

3 comments:

Anne Harada said...

Love this set Kerry! It was one of the first 3 I purchased at CHA when I first saw Woodware!! Love what you did with it here! Super cute!!

Rachel Hope said...

CUTE!!! Love the quilted look

Harriet Skelly said...

This is adorable - great quilt look!