Monday, October 18, 2010

It's as easy as A-B-C!



It’s Monday, and we have a treat for you!! This week’s challenge for our Woodware USA design team is ANYTHING BUT A CARD (A-B-C)! This really is a challenge for me each time that we do it. I get into the card rut, so I seldom venture out into the world of “other things.” Today, I did!

I have a box that came in a pack of six from Martha Stewart Crafts. It is designed to hold treats (brownies, bars, cookies, etc.), so I decided to jazz it up a bit. I tend to give more treats around the holidays, so I made this for Christmas. I kept the stamping simple, but I loved that I could assemble the phrase “we wish you a Merry Christmas” through stamps in the set called Traditional Christmas Greetings. It is a great all purpose set, and it gives you a large amount of greetings, both religious and secular.

I used a set of paper from My Mind’s Eye called Colorful Christmas, and it is adorable…so glad that I had some left over from last year because this box took up a lot! The box is almost 9 inches square, and the depth is 2 ½ inches. The ribbon is Purely Pomegranate satin ribbon from Stampin’ Up.

See you tomorrow!! Stay tuned for more awesome samples from the design team this week!

4 comments:

Rachel Hope said...

LOVE!!!! Great Box!

Harriet Skelly said...

Great altering the box Nancy - I tend to stick to cards too!

StampingbugKerry said...

Such a fun little box. Love the Pp and the spellbinders die too. It goes well with that awesome set!

Kerry

Anne Harada said...

Love how you decorated your little box!! Fun project Nancy!!