Friday, August 26, 2016

Bubble Wrap, but not the Plastic Type

I love the idea of adding a wrap around cards, a great way to keep things together when making invitations.
8
I have used Jane's Lilly Clear Magic Bubble Bloom one of her new releases.
1
first I stamped and embossed in white on the black Textura 12 x 12 Card
2
Then I stamped Lilly in black on sheets from the Lavender Mist 6 x 6 Perfect Prints Pad, I used black licorice dye ink from the Stephanie Barnard collection from ColorBox for this.
3
I then cut out the petals, trimming inside of the black lines.
4
The stem is rather tricky!
5
To decorate the bubbles I have used a mixture of Time Flies Card Candi, Stickles in Grape Crush and Silver and White Pearl Pen. These Pearl Pens are really easy to use and hold the shape really well.
7
the greeting is from the die cut messages and they are great for adding a quick greeting, especially if you like to make cards in advance and then add a greeting to make it perfect for a special person. I have layered it on a punched circle with the big yellow size circle.
11
Now for the wrap...
10
The card is a square cut from a folded piece of A4. I cut a strip 2.5 inches wide and then scored it on my Groovy board to make an A4 gate fold card, then I embossed some lines.
9

I used the Tag Top Punch with the Square Shoulders. I used Lettuce Embossing powder to edge the wrap.
6
I cut a 2 inch strip of patterned paper and punched it with the same Tag Top punch. then I threaded the dotty ribbon through both ends of the wrap.
12
The wrap makes for a very special card.


If you can't find Woodware stamps in the US why not ask your local store about them they can find them all on the Woodware web-site.

 or  Woodware Stamps are available from Notions Marketing in the US check with them for your nearest stockist.   
Thanks for visiting see you soon!

No comments: